The Own the Run (OTR) program is back and better than ever. Whether you’re new to running or a seasoned vet, whether you’re planning to run your first half-marathon in 2018 or a 50k Ultra trail race, the program’s objective is to help local Vancouver runners attain their running goals.
By bringing together the city’s best health and wellness partners and practitioners, the program helps runners work on injury prevention, running efficiency and optimal performance all needed to crush this year’s running goals.
If you’ve been following my running journey these past 2 or so years, you know that I’ve unfortunately been plagued by a few injuries. At first it was my lower back, followed by a stress fracture in my right foot and my latest injury was spraining my left ankle while trail running six weeks ago. But I’m feeling more determined than ever to conquer new distances and set even bigger running goals for myself in 2018. Therefore, I’m extremely excited that an innovative program like OTR is available for runners like myself. My goal is to learn more ways on how to stay injury-free throughout the year and also push myself more than ever before.
For those interested in partaking in OTR, the program is designed to begin at least 12-14 weeks prior to an upcoming race. The program includes the following:
- Running Specific Therapy Screen (Duration 60 minutes)*
- Individualized Exercise Program Development (Duration 60 minutes)*
- Post Race Massage Therapy Session (Duration 45 minutes)*
- Exercise Module developed by MOVR app
- Training Program customized by Mile 2 Marathon (value $100-$200)
- Full Access to M2M track workouts, and social runs at Vancouver Running Company
- Membership to Flight Crew Premier 2018 (value $70-100)
- Option of Nutrition consult at Kokomo
- Exclusive Technical Running Shirt
- Ciele Running Cap
All items indicated with an * are actually covered by extended health benefits, so a major plus.
Having access to such quality coaching and support is key to training properly and attaining the running goals that I’ve set out for myself. Furthermore, it’s incredibly inspiring to be surrounded by people who keep pushing the envelop in the health and running community. Excited to see what I can achieve this year!
For more info or to register for Own the Run program, go here.