Traveling is a big part of my lifestyle, even since I’ve moved to the west coast this past year. My travels have taken me up and down the west coast quite a bit already and I’m looking forward to exploring even more in the new year. I wanted to share with you below some of my favourite travel accessories that I’ve been using lately. These are great gift ideas for the adventure travelers you know!
1) Saje’s Travelling Farmacy – This is one of the latest kits that Saje has released. It’s the ideal kit for those who travel as it contains all of Saje’s greatest remedies in miniature format. The Travelling Farmacy contains Peppermint Halo, Stress Release, Eater’s Digest, Immune, Pain Release, Quick Study, Energy and Sleep Well, all of which come in handy when you’re on the road.
2) Ucon Acrobatics Lotus Series Backpack – This backpack is the perfect travel companion. This Brandon Backpack from the Lotus Series is not only is it made fromphthalate free PVC but it is also waterproof. It also contains a 15“ laptop compartment on the inside and has tons of different pockets where you can store all of your accessories and gear while traveling. This 20L bag is also incredibly lightweight and robust making it not only great for flying but also for any adventure you may be going on during your travels.
3) TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller mini – This is the best foam roller for traveling hands down. It’s small and easy to pack in your bag and oh-so-useful when traveling. If you’re like me and you keep active while traveling, you want this guy in your carry-on or backpack, especially if you’re leaving for a long period of time. The TriggerPoint Foam Roller is crucial for muscle recovery, pain relief and improved flexibility.
4) Hydro Flask Water bottle – The one thing I cannot travel without is my reusable water bottle. I take it with me absolutely everywhere! Hydro Flask has amazing durable products that are great for travel and adventuring. The Hydro Flask 18 oz Standard Mouth bottle is always in my backpack. You can choose from tons of fun colours and different caps (flex cap, sport cap, etc.). They also have a full line of tumblers, coffee, food and wine containers that you can also purchase.
5) GoPro Hero6 – Though I just only recently got my hands on this new camera, I already know this will become a go-to when traveling. It’s the perfect lightweight and high-quality camera that you can use to document all of your travels and outdoor adventures with. From 4k video to slow motion, photos, time lapses and more, the GoPro Hero6 is sure to be able to follow you no matter what you get up to. Check for a full review coming soon!
6) Women’s Terradorra Wintershell Waterproof MID – These boots were my go-to all summer long. I brought them with me on every single trip I went on. KEEN has just released a winterized version of the Terradorra for these colder months, it’s a good boot for trails, powder and any kind of weather you’ll run into this winter. These boots are also completely waterproof, so they’ll keep your feet nice and dry.
7) Columbia Women’s Luna Vista Hybrid Jacket – This is a great jacket to layer underneath pretty much anything this winter. It packs light and keeps ultra warm. Great for those hoping to venture outdoors a lot during the colder months or just a great piece to relax in after skiing/snowshoeing or a long day of travels. The Luna Vista Hybrid Jacket comes in a variety of colours and is made from breathable and flexible material.
8) Pelican Marine Case – This case is ideal for all climates. Whether you’re going to the snow, the water or the desert, it will protect your phone no matter the elements. The Pelican Marine Case is waterproof, tested to survive multiple drops as well as scratch resistant. MEC has a bunch of similar cases for your phone, so perfect for the adventure traveler.
9) Black Diamond Spot Headlamp – Chances are if you’re going out adventuring this winter, one of these Black Diamond Headlamps will come in handy. Because the sun sets so early in the winter, it’s perfect for trail runs, cycling, hiking, snowshoeing and whatever other crazy excursion you might be going out on. The headlamp has 6 modes: white proximity, bright white distance, dimming, strobe, red proximity and red strobe. It also has an indicator that tells you how much battery there’s left in the headlamp.
10) MEC Hut Booties – These were a lifesaver for me this fall when I went out camping in Mount Baker. They’re super easy to pack and will keep your feet nice and toasty if you’re tent camping, van camping or they are even just the best thing to put on after spending your day outdoors adventuring. These MEC Hut Booties come in a bunch of different colours and sizes, so you’re sure to find a pair that fits.