Sharing with you today some of the things I’m most excited to have for my new daughter. Most of these products were either recommended to me or things I wanted to invest in after watching countless parenting and baby videos on YouTube. There are so many things you are “supposed” to need with a newborn but we’ve really tried to keep it to the basics, to have the least amount of clutter possible. I will be posting more in depth posts about a few of these in the future but for the time being, here’s a quick list.
1) Snuggle Me Organic – I’ve heard lots of great things about this baby lounger from friends who have used it for their newborn babies or toddlers. The Sensory Lounger is designed to curve around the baby’s back, giving them a comforting hug, which can be incredibly calming for the baby. The lounger can be used for supervised naps, lounging, tummy time and more.
2) Burt’s Bees Baby – These products were sent to me and I’m excited to use them with our daughter because like all of Burt’s Bees products, they do not contain any harmful chemicals that could potentially be harmful to a baby, especially a newborn. They have a whole bunch of baby hair and body care products as well as other baby essentials such as burp pads, onesies, bedding, etc.*
3) Wildbird Sling – This is an item that I have been coveting for a long time. I’m very excited that this small mom-centric brand has gifted me one of their beautiful slings for my daughter. These slings are quick and easy to use, made from soft and breathable linens from Europe and the US and are incredibly versatile; allowing you to carry your baby on your front, hip or back. Their fabric even doubles as a sunshade, nursing cover and more. Plus, they’re also incredibly pretty! There are a variety of slings to choose from and all of them can be used for babies from 8-35 lbs.*
4) Baby Dreamer Bag – I was recommended this bag by a mom that I follow on Instagram. This diaper bag comes from Denmark and is without a doubt one of the coolest and most versatile bags that I’ve seen. I love the minimalist look and also the functional inside. Not only is it made from recycled polyester it is also very spacious, water repellent, has a built-in changing mat and looks like a normal discreet backpack.
5) Musky DY 28 Light & Clock – We scoured the internet for a long time before finding this multipurpose night light. Although there are some very popular brands like Hatch who make some awesome night lights, white noise machines, etc. we wanted to find something that was a little more affordable. This LED night light not only comes with 3 different brightness settings (and a bunch of colours!) it also acts as an alarm clock, a Bluetooth Speaker, Wireless Portable HiFi Stereo that can be used for indoor or outdoor. It has a line in jack, a USB plug and a Micro SD slot. We have therefore downloaded a bunch of white noise tracks on a USB key that we will be able to use at night and will be able to take care of the baby without having to turn on any big bright lights during night feeds.
6) Philips Avent Bottles – I was gifted this set of Avent Natural Baby Bottles because my husband and I are considering combining breastfeeding and bottle feeding. These bottles can be used for bottle feeding or gathering breastmilk from breast pumps. They also have wide breast-shaped teats that allows for natural latch on, are made from soft material to mimic the feel of the breast, have an anti-colic valve that is designed to reduce colic and discomfort and are easy to clean and use.*
7) Grovia Reusable Diapers – One of the best discoveries I’ve made during all the months I’ve prepared for the birth of my daughter is finding these Grovia diapers. The one non-negotiable that I wanted to abide by with our daughter was trying our hardest to ensure we produce the least amount of waste possible with our daughter, so the thought of throwing away hundreds or even thousands of diapers into landfill was a no go for us. I will be doing a more in-depth post about these diapers in a few weeks, but for the time being I wanted to share with you all my excitement about this product. We have chosen to go for their Hybrid Cloth Diapers, that will suit our busy life on the go.*
8) Lebenswert Organic Infant Formula from Organic Baby Food – Because we are planning on combining breastfeeding with bottle feeding, the hunt for the best organic infant formula was a long one. I really wanted to find a 100% plant-based formula but most of the plant-forward formulas here in North America are riddled with junk and not 100% plant-based and the only one I could find in France was sold out and would not ship to Canada given the current state of the world. So I finally decided to try this German formula that is hands down the cleanest formula that I was able to find, with the least amount and best quality ingredients. Although I did not plan on feeding my baby a non plant-based formula, the most important thing for me was for her to get the cleanest and top quality product possible. I’m grateful I found the Organic Baby Food website, who made it so easy to obtain the formula. They shipped the formula from Europe and I received it in less than a week.*
9) Baby Car Seat Cover – I’ve read lots of posts and watched a ton of videos about the benefits of having a car seat cover. Not only can it serve as a 360 cover for sunlight, wind, cold, insects, dust and bright lights, it can also be used as a nursing cover as well. It also allows you to carry the baby around, letting them sleep without anyone coming up to the baby, taking a peak at them, etc.
*All the products with an asterisk were gifted to me but I whole heartedly believe in these products and am incredibly honoured to have the support of these brands for my daughter.