1) Harlow – This vegetarian heaven is located in the SE Hawthorne district of Portland, a very vibrant and lively area of the city. Harlow is a great place for brunch or lunch, as they serve a variety of fresh sandwiches, salads and bowls just to name a few key items. They also have an amazing variety of juices, smoothies and healthy drinks to choose from. They offer a nice laid back dining atmosphere.
2) Ned Ludd – This restaurant is unlike any other in the city. Everything on the menu at Ned Ludd is made from scratch using fresh and seasonal ingredients from local farms and cooked in their brick faced, wood fired oven. They serve up colourful and tasty plates that celebrate the bounty of Oregon. The restaurant is decorated with wooden stumps, old pots and historical kitchen artifacts that gives it a nice homey and ancient feel.
3) Lu Lac – One of the most sought after restaurants in Portland, this hip joint is situated right in downtown. Lu Lac produces Vietnamese dishes with a modern twist. Whether you’re a fan of Pho, bowls, rice dishes or even Banh Mi, this restaurant has it all.
4) Greenleaf Juicery – Looking for your green juice fix or healthy vegan eats? Greenleaf Juicery is a 100% organic juice and smoothie bar. They have several locations around Portland and serve a wide variety of acai bowls, granola bowls, cold-pressed juices, soups, nut milks and more. The perfect grab and go spot while you’re in town.
5) Bison Coffeehouse – This is the only cafe run by a member of a Native American tribe, the Shoshone Bannock tribes of Fort Hall, Idaho. The Bison Coffeehouse offers delicious baked goods, coffee and even buffalo jerky from her tribe. This spot is incredibly unique