Thinking of visiting Portland, Oregon this spring? Whether you love the outdoors, craft beer, vegan food, running or art, Portland’s got something for you. Check out some of the things that make the city one the coolest and most diverse places to visit!
1) Visit Powell’s Books. If you’re looking for inspiration to start reading again, then look no further. Powell’s Books is without a doubt the most beautiful and biggest bookstore I’ve ever been to in my entire life! It’s easy to get lost in all of the different rooms of books and end up spending several hours looking for the perfect read. They’ve also got a great coffee shop and tons of spots that you can just sit down at and get inspired.
2) Go for a run. With Nike, originating in Portland and with there being so many great outdoor apparel brands coming out of the area, it’s no surprise that Portland is a great running town. There are a handful of beautiful trails located right downtown that cross the Willamette River and allow you to explore some of the city’s best neighborhoods. You know you’re in a running town when every runner that passes you by, throws you a peace sign or a wave. The running views in Portland are just dreamy.
3) Hit the coast. It’s super easy to hit the coast from the city. With it only being a 90-minute drive, there are tons of really cute beach towns and beautiful scenery to explore. Little areas like Lincoln City offer not only super cute accommodations and coffee shops but also great scenic views, surf spots and more.
4) Hike waterfalls. There are a handful of waterfalls that are located just a few minutes from downtown Portland. Some of them are located in the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area, just east of the city, an area that protects more than 77 waterfalls. The most popular being Multnomah Falls, can be reached along with four others on Route 30, Historic Columbia River Highway. It’s a great place to go for a hike and get your nature fix.
5) Visit Alberta Arts district. If you’re more of a city dweller, there are tons of cute and unique neighborhoods to visit while you’re in Portland ranging from the very popular Pearl District to also the Alberta Arts District, my personal favorite. The reason why this strip is so special is because of all the independent shops, coffee stores and restaurants that are located on Alberta St. The area is also adorned with beautiful murals and super colorful buildings, making it the perfect spot for a stroll!
Don’t miss my fun Portland recap video coming later this week on my YouTube channel!