A few months ago I had the opportunity to travel to 13 cities across Canada. Those who have been following my blog, may have seen the #13Cities13Runs series that I posted (in case you missed it, check it out here). In each city that I stopped in, I also made it a point to try some of the best cold-pressed juices.
I’m lucky to live in a city like Toronto, where cold-pressed juice is everywhere you look, that said not every city across Canada offers as much selection. The good news is more and more cities are jumping onto the juice bandwagon and opening up juiceries across the country. Here are my favorite 5 juiceries from my trip across Canada:
5) Rawsome Juice Bar – Charlottetown was one of my first stops on my cross-Canadian tour and I was delighted to find that this small island had a great local cold-pressed juicery. Located in a small industrial building right by the main street in downtown Charlottetown, Rawsome Juice Bar is run by two amazing folks that serve up both cold-pressed juices and smoothies. Their juices are available for pick up at their production office and also at several local coffee shops and stores. If ever you stop by, check out their Matcha Green Tea shake or Wakeup Juice, two perfect options to get your day going!
4) Green Carrot Juice Company – By the time I made it to Winnipeg, I was feeling super sick. My first stop in the city was the Green Carrot Juice Co., where I stocked up on nourish shots and a bunch of juices that I hoped would bring me back to health. Low and behold, these juices were a huge help! I love that spot not only for their amazing selection of juices, shots, smoothies but also for their acai bowls, sandwiches, salads and healthy sweets. I stayed in the city for a couple of days and returned to the juicery every morning! My favorites: Fix Me Up shot , Monkey Business smoothie, 24 Carrot and Summer Squeeze juice.
3) Thrive Juice Co. – I had heard of Thrive Juice Co. even before I got to Saskatoon through social media and was thrilled to be able to check it out. Their super clean and modern looking shop is super inviting and a space you want to hang out in. I love their branding and big glass bottles. If you stop by, check out: Matcha Mylk, Awaken and Black Lemonade.
2) CRU Juice – Calgary was a major food discovery for me this fall. This was my first real stay in the city and I was so impressed with its selection of healthy eats and juiceries. My favorite was hands down CRU Juice. I love their way of labelling and organizing their juices. Their flavours are also original and unique, offering something different than most juiceries out there. I love that they not only have greens but also citrus, fruits, roots and nut mylks to choose from. My favorites: F3: Blue My Mind, N3: Stone-Cold Rosso and F1: Pumped Up Kicks.
1) The Juice Truck – This Vancouver juicery makes it to the top of my list because The Juice Truck is so much more than just a juicery. The guys behind this rad spot have created not only healthy food and juices for the city but also a community of people. Their actual Juice Truck is usually located in Gastown during the day. It’s where you can pick up juices, smoothies, delicious salads, rolls, puddings and more! In addition to their truck, they also have a cool little shop in East Van. It’s not only a place to grab food and juices but also an event space. I actually took a fitness class while I was there. They also offer movie screenings, baby classes, lectures, etc. If you’re in the area, you must make time to check these guys out. My favorites: The Spicy Apple juice, The Almost Chocolate smoothie and The Winter Hearty Salad.